onsdag, februari 28, 2007

questionnaire for SP10

This time I’m writing just in english. That’s because I have joined the Secret Pal 10. They want us to post our answers to the questionnaires in our blogs. Therefore I do that now. Here they are:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
My favoite yarns are wool and all naturfibers. I would love to try yarns that I can’t get here in Sweden. I don’t like acrylic yarns. The only yarns use of that kind is fur yarns and other funny yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I use a sewing box for all my knitting things. No special box for my needles yet.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’ve been knitting since I was a child, my mother tought me when I was about six years old. As a knitter I think I’m more advanced, but there will alvays new things to learn. I love to learn new knitting techniques.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/36WQPO602RODK/
5. What's your favorite scent?
Hard to answer, but love flower and berry scent’s if they isn’t to strong. For example strawberry and Lily of the walley.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Love dark chocolate and also love different sorts of coffee, but do love different sorts of tea too.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I’m trying to learn how to spin and I’m doing some crocheting to but not much. I have done some embroidery too but now a days it’s mostly knitting for me. I’m thinking of learning to weave too.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)Love all kind of music, from groups like Evenescence to opera, but mostly I listen to jazz and blues. My stereo can play mp3.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I don’t have any favorite colours but many of my things are read and black. I like gold coloured things to. But I don’t like pastel colours. I love warm colours.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I’m married with three grown up children, only my son is still living at home. We also have three cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I were scarves and shawls often. Mittens to, but I don’t were hats so often. I never use ponchos. 12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
My favorite items to knit is lace in any form, mostly in shawls. Love to see how it turns out. But there are always a pair of socks on the needles to.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Right now I’m knitting on a sweater for my husband, a tank for myself, a scarf and a pair of mittens. Of course there are a shawl and a pair of socks on the needles to. There always is.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I would love handmade gifts. They are done by people thinking of me and therefore it make them special.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer circular needles. I use Garnstudios circular mostly and of course Denise Interchangable and love them. For dpn needles I love hardwood needles, but I also use bambo needles. I almost never use straight needles anymore. Feel it takes the stress out of my shoulders.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own both a yarn winder and a swift. I also have a magnet board for my patterns.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
My oldest UFO is about one year old. But actually I think that one will getting much older before I will finish it.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
My favorite holiday is christmas, love everything about it. Doing the decorating, planning the presents and so on.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Actually it’s books and yarns:-). I love reading and very often comes out of the bookstore with a new book. Either for me or my husband. And I almost can’t go into a yarn shop without buying anything. Love the feeling of yarn.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
There are many yarns that I would love to have to, just because you can’t get theme here in Sweden, like Knitpicks yarns or Alpaca with a Twist. As for patterns I’m glad for most shawl patterns an that goes for sock patterns to. I have a subscription on Interweave Knits but I also buy Vogue Knitting and Simply Knitting. I love lace pattern books.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I’m always intrested in learning new techniques. Right now I’m learning to spin, knitting with two-ends. Later on I want to learn to weave and to make needlebinding.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes I knit socks as I wrote before but not just that. I consider myself more of a shawl knitter. My foot measures 28 cm.

Inga kommentarer: